Artificial intelligence and predictive analytics continue to make transformational changes throughout the business world. While healthcare IT is seeing some impacts from AI and machine learning, it lags behind other industry sectors in fully adopting this emerging technology. However, necessity is sometimes the mother of invention, as evidenced by the Coronavirus pandemic still ravaging the planet.
Because of the strain and unpredictability COVID-19 is causing hospitals and medical establishments, faster adoption of AI is now critical. Unfortunately, healthcare IT departments suffer from a skills gap as well as other issues when implementing new systems using machine learning. Nonetheless, the demand for AI remains strong.
Here are some of the major 2021 trends related to AI in the healthcare industry. Anyone working in healthcare IT and related insurance carriers needs to take heed of this coming transformation.
- U.S. clinicians spend 50% more time in EHR than those in other countries
- Opportunities & pitfalls in healthcare IoT
- 2020: Why it has been the year of healthcare IT disruption
- Strategy More Important Than Technology in Post-COVID-19 Wave of Innovation
- Looking to 2021: Why We Need to Focus on Virtual Care