Telehealth Interventions to Improve Chronic Disease
The Community Preventive Services Task Force (CPSTF) recommends several telehealth interventions for reducing chronic disease risk factors in patients and managing chronic disease conditions. These conditions include:
- Recently diagnosed cardiovascular disease.
- High blood pressure.
- Cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV infection, end-stage renal disease, asthma, or obesity.
The CPSTF found that the use of telehealth interventions can improve:
- Medication adherence, such as outpatient follow-up and self-management goals.
- Clinical outcomes, such as blood pressure control.
- Dietary outcomes, such as eating more fruits and vegetables and reducing sodium intake.
Did you find this useful?