LexisNexis® LexID® for Healthcare offers an alternative, unique identifier for patient record matching and interoperability.
The digitization of all forms of data across the healthcare ecosystem in conjunction with the pressure to provide virtual access to that data to multiple stakeholders has proven to be both an opportunity and a risk. In today’s healthcare information environment, it is incumbent upon organizations to look at managing patient information across care settings and platforms as both a business problem and a key enabler for core business functions, interoperability and patient safety. LexID® offers healthcare organizations a persistent key that follows a patient identity throughout its evolution and journey.
How does LexID® for Healthcare work?
LexisNexis® can match patient or member records to one of our LexID profiles and return a unique LexID number for each individual. In turn, these LexIDs allow healthcare organizations to identify duplicate records as well as match and merge like records. A LexID is more secure and unique than a Social Security Number identification system since it can’t be traced back to the individual. With the push for a universal patient identifier, LexID can help meet the need for automated patient matching, relieving the burden and cost of manual matching on staff.
Key Features of LexID for Healthcare
- Available via API
- Leverages referential data and matching.
- Identifies relationships between and within entities that are transitive, hidden or not obvious to further improve linking and matching of records to individuals.
- Resolves linking discrepancies due to phonetics or string distance.
- Merges and removes duplicate records.
- Customer Record Key available as an add-on which provides a customer-specific identifier to add extra privacy and to identify every patient, including the unbanked.