The Dynamic FHIR® API provides leading-edge interoperability functionality while meeting ONC 2015 EHR certification requirements 170.315(g) (7-9). It can be implemented as a stand-alone product or as part of the DHIT suite of applications. The Dynamic FHIR® API makes EHR patient data readily available:
- Uniquely identifies patients by Token
- Enables retrieval of patient data using this Token
- Retrieve a specific class of patient data (e.g., problems or medications) or filter by date range
- Retrieve all data available under the Common Clinical Dataset and US Core Data for Interoperability (USCDI) specifications
- Secures the data using the HIPAA-compliant OAuth standard for user authorization
- CCDA to FHIR: data can be populated into the DHIT FHIR server via receipt of a version 2.1 CCDA.