The Avellino SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19 Test (AvellinoCoV2) is a non-invasive, swab based test used to detect the SARS-CoV-2 virus, a strong indicator of the patient having the COVID-19 disease.
A positive result indicates an active infection, while a negative result should not be used as the sole basis for treatment or other patient management decisions.
How the Test Works:
- Health care provider orders and receives the AvellinoCoV2 test kit.
- Health care provider collects swab samples from the patient’s nose and mouth.
- Health care provider ships patient’s sample to Avellino’s laboratory.
- Avellino conducts lab testing.
- Avellino prepares the patient report.
- Avellino sends the results to your health care provider.