The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services announced in November that it would partner with more than a dozen chain and independent pharmacies to help distribute the COVID-19 vaccine.
But the potential size and scope of the vaccine roll-out could present logistical snags, especially for vaccines requiring two doses.
“It’s a little difficult to put in a framework for interoperability at the last minute,” said Dr. Darren Schulte, former CEO of Apixio and currently president of advanced technology at Centene. “Right now, it’s a voluntary data-sharing exercise.”
- COVID-19 evidence based medicine
- Mendelian and Modality NHS Partnership announce rare disease diagnosis programme
- Security must be built into medical devices from the ground up
- New CMS interoperability rule would streamline prior authorization processes
- Cerner expands tools available for rural hospital clinical trials