Actionable Intelligence Network presents The Summit on Embedding Privacy in Digital Health: Medical Devices, IoMTs & Wearables, a virtual event to be held on May 25-26, 2022.
Digital health companies are compelled to adapt to an increasing number of privacy regulations imposed by governments to protect consumers. This first-of-its-kind Summit provides digital health companies with detailed and practical information on current regulatory requirements and on how to incorporate privacy by design into their development and commercialization efforts.
Through our state-of-the-art virtual event platform, conference participants will be able to pose questions to the speakers and to network with other attendees. The event will be live and attendees will have access to recorded presentations for 30 days after the conclusion of the Summit.
Who Should Attend
- Privacy, Data Protection, R&D, Engineering, Product Design, Security, Compliance, IT, Regulatory, Risk Management, Marketing, Quality Assurance, and other staff at digital health companies (medical devices, IoMTs, wearables)
- Law firms and consulting firms
- Government officials
- Industry associations
- May also be of interest to healthcare providers
Topics To Be Covered
- A review of the complex array of privacy laws, both in the U.S. and internationally, and their implications for digital health companies; also a look at the future of privacy law
- Government perspectives on privacy and digital health from the Federal Trade Commission and the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
- Ethical, legal, and social considerations for real-world data in public and private domains
- Engineering privacy in medical devices and health products
- Digital health apps and software as a medical device (SaMD) – incorporating privacy engineering in your engineering practices
- Privacy by design for software product and engineering teams
- Establishing and operationalizing a data privacy program
- A tour through the privacy landscape when developing and incorporating ML/AI and other data-driven methodology into medical device software (MDWS)
- Managing privacy for SaMD products on the cloud
- Strategies for ensuring privacy in legacy medical devices
- 21st Century Cures Act and its implications for sharing personal health information in the emerging era of expanding interoperability
- Digital health, medical XR, and hacking humans – new solutions for cyberhealth
- Key considerations in conducting a privacy impact assessment
John Giantsidis, JD, M.Eng., President, CyberActa, Inc.
Naeem Hashmi, Digital Health Solutions, Strategic Advisor, Boston Scientific
Nina Alli, Executive Director, Biohacking Village
Elena Ames, CIMP, CDPSE, Data Privacy Officer, BrightInsight
Seth Carmody, VP, Regulatory Strategy, MedCrypt
Barry P. Chaiken, MD, MPH, Author, Navigating the Code: How Revolutionary Technology Transforms the Patient-Physician Journey
Divya Chander, MD, PhD, Medical Advisor, Extended Reality Safety Initiative (XRSI) & Chair of Neuroscience and Faculty of Medicine, Singularity University
William Gamble, GDPR Consultant, IT Governance USA Ltd.
Lisa P. Goldstein, Health Information Privacy Specialist, HHS Office for Civil Rights
Rachele Hendricks-Sturrup, DHSc, MSc, MA, Research Director, Duke-Margolis Center for Health Policy
Reece Hirsch, Partner, Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP
George W. Jackson, Jr., PhD, MBA, HCISPP, CISSP, PMP, CRISC, Director, Health IT and Digital Health, Clearwater
John F. Kalafut, PhD, Founder & Principal, Asher Orion Group
James P. Keller, Jr., MS, AAMIF, FACCE, Business Development Director, Medical Devices, BrightInsight
Scott T. MacLean, FHIMSS, Senior Vice President & Chief Information Officer, MedStar Health
Jeffrey Moore, Chief Product Security Officer, Draeger Medical
Colin Morgan, CISSP, CISM, GPEN, Managing Director, Apraciti, LLC
Ajit Patwardhan, MD, MS, MBA, Executive Medical Safety Officer, Olympus Corporation of the Americas
Sam Riley, Senior Corporate Counsel, Dascena
Shahid Shah, Publisher & Chief Editor, Medigy.com
Ronnie Solomon, Attorney, Division of Privacy and Identity Protection, Federal Trade Commission
Click here to view the Summit website.
For additional information, please contact Actionable Intelligence Network:
Last Modified : May 10, 2022