Why integration of medical devices is critical to patient care
Helping clinicians care for patients more efficiently and effectively. Infusion pumps, patient monitoring systems, and dialysis equipment can all be linked to the electronic medical record (EMR), allowing access to vital clinical data while also helping to make the most of available resources. "Medical equipment was thought to be limited to providing a therapy or service. Donny Patel, vice president of enterprise IT at Baxter, said that is changing. "The actual benefit of connectivity resides in the delivery of information that aids physicians in providing patient care more effectively or efficiently - and medical devices can be a significant source for that rich information,"
This podcast will teach you:
- How the industry is changing the creation and manufacture of medical devices
- Some of the major integrating challenges
- The kind of technical developments we are witnessing in the medical device
Integration of medical devices is critical to patient care for several reasons:
- Improved patient outcomes: Integrating medical devices allows for the collection of real-time data on patient health, which can be used to adjust treatment plans and improve patient outcomes.
- Increased efficiency: Integrating medical devices allows for the sharing of data between devices and healthcare providers, which can reduce the need for duplicate tests and procedures.
- Reduced errors: Integrating medical devices allows for the automatic transfer of data between devices, reducing the risk of errors that can occur when data is manually entered.
- Better communication: Integrating medical devices allows for healthcare providers to have access to a patient's health information in real-time, which can improve communication and coordination of care.
- Better patient engagement: Integrating medical devices allows patients to access their health information and communicate with their healthcare providers remotely, which can help increase patient engagement and promote self-management.
- Better data analytics: Integrating medical devices allows for the collection of large amounts of data which can be analyzed to identify patterns and trends, which can be used to improve patient care, identify at-risk patients, and drive research.
Overall, integration of medical devices allows for a more comprehensive, efficient, and effective approach to patient care, which can lead to improved health outcomes and reduced costs.
Continue reading at healthcareitnews.com