6 payer executives to watch in 2021
Posted Sep 14, 2021 from fiercehealthcare.com
- The past year has forced health plans to nimbly adapt to the demands of a global pandemic, including massive spikes in demand for telehealth and new therapies—and soon, vaccines—coming to market.
- Tim Wentworth, CEO of Evernorth Tim Wentworth (Cigna) Much like UnitedHealth, Cigna has seen a notable boost in its finances from its acquisition of Express Scripts, the nation’s largest pharmacy benefit manager.
- But later this month, she will depart the insurer to become executive vice president of health and wellness at Walmart, playing a key in the retail giant's ongoing push into the healthcare space.
- At Cambia, she also played a key role in driving the insurers' response to the COVID-19 pandemic, and she was recently honored by Fierce Healthcare as one of our 2020 Women of Influence.
- And it's available for free to public health officials and community leaders who need access to the data.
- In addition, Bright Health also announced plans to acquire Brand New Day Health Plan, expanding its footprint in Medicare Advantage.