Better-designed business intelligence can accelerate AI initiatives
Posted Sep 13, 2021 from healthcareitnews.com
At Penn Medicine, integrated product teams – comprising data scientists, physicians and software engineers, among others – are helping improve AI and machine learning applications.
There's a business intelligence group in every health system.
- And this understanding happens only through careful engineering.
- At Penn Medicine, we've created integrated product teams around our AI applications.
- This year we've begun to include a BI analyst as well, to help us make better design decisions such that the linking of patients to interventions and outcomes is feasible and easily reported via dashboards and reports.
- Because of the level of engineering that went into our BI dashboard, we had insight into what was happening in those middle steps, and were able to quickly zero in on the issue and make corrections.
- Business intelligence in healthcare is about making the right decisions.