Updated for 2021: Top 5 Reasons to Outsource Your Medical Billing
The business of running an independent medical practice becomes more complex with every passing year. There are new regulations, coding updates (like the 2021 changes to E/M Coding), changing payer rules, and performance measures that can significantly affect reimbursement. Without expert oversight of their revenue cycle, healthcare organizations put their cash flow and revenue at risk when they are slow to adapt to these changes. Here are our top 5 reasons to outsource your medical billing:
1.) Reimbursement and Revenue are Decreasing and You Don’t Know Why
If your practice is struggling under the weight of medical claim processing and revenue cycle management, the writing is on the wall. It’s only a matter of time until you see a decrease in reimbursement. By partnering with a billing company, you benefit from the deep specialization that certified coders and practice management experts can provide. This specialization ensures charges and coding are optimized (and compliant.) Plus you’ll enjoy the benefit of knowing that rejections are being handled by a partner with the time and expertise who will overcome the obstacles to payment.
- How 3D Printing Can Revamp Personalised Surgery
- Patients Don't Need Quick Diagnoses. They Need Accurate Ones.
- DrChrono’s Open FHIR API Enables Patients to Transfer Records to Apple Health
- How Artificial Intelligence Is Optimizing Revenue Cycle Management
- The Future of Healthcare Depends on Enhanced Data Exchange