Some of the hurdles around vaccine distribution could be addressed with high-tech solutions, particularly where environmental management is concerned.
As health systems begin to roll out COVID-19 vaccines, much attention has been paid to the "cold chain," the organizations and equipment that enable their necessary sub-zero storage and transport.
Experts have pointed to the clear logistical and security challenges this unique supply chain presents. But others say that some of these hurdles around vaccine distribution could be addressed with technology – particularly where humidity and temperature controls are concerned.
Paul Daniel, senior regulatory compliance expert at Vaisala Oyj, which develops and markets environmental and industrial measurement services, concedes that the world of temp control monitoring "is not sexy." That said, "it's really critical."
As Daniel explained, it's not quite accurate to think of controlling the ambient temperature around the vaccine as complicating the process. Rather, he said, the temperature control is the process.
- Enabling Greater Connected Care With Social Determinants of Health and Digital Health Solutions
- Poor Digital Health Experience May Push Patients to Change Docs
- Adapting Social Determinants of Health Screening for Remote Care
- Predictive Analytics and AI Trends Impacting Healthcare IT in 2021
- Digital Health Is Central to Value-Based Payment Strategies
Digital tools offer huge opportunities for helping to contain the coronavirus, and IT solutions that make the management of infected people and contacts more efficient should be prioritized before the …