Laura Cooley, senior director of education and outreach at the Academy of Communication in Healthcare, dishes out tips to improve the telehealth experience at the Patient Experience Summit this morning.
Laura Cooley, senior director of education and outreach at the Academy of Communication in Healthcare, has seen how the patient experience is being transformed by technology firsthand.
When she went to schedule her annual women’s health exam, she found a digital platform that could help her find a clinician that fit her needs, took her insurance, and had the calendar dates she wanted. It also let her see reports of other patients’ experiences and book online.
“So, I was very happy to quickly and easily find someone, find a calendar appointment, schedule that and enter all my information. It was an excellent patient experience from a technology perspective,” Cooley said during the Patient Experience Summit, put on by the Cleveland Clinic and HIMSS.
- Google Cloud unveils AI tools to help healthcare analyze unstructured medical text
- AMA Unveils 2 Vaccine-Specific CPT Codes for Coronavirus Immunizations
- Remote Patient Monitoring Innovation Challenge Showcase by Adaptation Health
- Machine Learning to Predict Efficacy of Anti-Cancer Drug
- Malpractice Claims Report: EHR Documentation Errors Still Far Too Common
Now available in public preview, the offerings are designed to help organizations and individuals pull clinically-relevant insights from large volumes of free text housed in medical records. The first …