Inova Health System is among a dozen health systems affected by a ransomware attack at a third-party software vendor.
The Falls Church, Virginia-based health system is notifying more than 1 million patients and donors that their personal data may have been compromised by the cyber attack.
Blackbaud, a third-party service vendor used for fundraising and alumni or donor engagement efforts at non-profits and universities, said cyber attackers intermittently removed data from Blackbaud’s systems between February 7, 2020 and May 20, 2020.
- American Society of Hematology Data Hub Develops COVID Registry
- What startups can learn when digital health companies fail
- Healthcare providers must all become digital companies
- Heart attacks and strokes halved using pharmacist-led home blood pressure telemonitoring
- Telehealth helps one provider org overcome rural and pandemic challenges
The ASH Research Collaborative, established in 2018 by the American Society of Hematology, has created a Data Hub technology platform that aggregates research-grade data on hematologic diseases. This spring, ASH stood up a …