The role of the CIO in digital transformation is changing with current and future challenges because of the COVID-19 pandemic. While the CIOs role as the leader of business IT strategy development and implementation remains unchanged, the pace at which they must adapt and respond to digital transformation has increased. The need for the CIO to take a leadership role in embracing the consumer-first approach perfected by the B2C industry (retail, for example) is on the rise as telemedicine plays a larger role in the care health systems provide. Ensuring that IT systems are running properly is only half the battle. To be leaders in digital transformation, CIOs must be Chief Experience, Chief Education, and Chief Innovation Officers. As organizations redefine their IT priorities, CIOs must be able to lead and pivot and fill gaps where necessary.
INTERESTED IN THIS EVENT?
I spoke at
I helped product
I helped run
My company exhibited
My company spoke at
- CareAsOne Virtual Summit- Register Now
- The Changing Role of the Healthcare CIO - Readiness and Revenue Stabilization: Upcoming Webinar
- WEBINAR - Menstrual Health - Facts, Stats and What’s Next?
- Digital Health Growth Summit, October: 29-30, 2020, virtual event
- The World of Radiology and Imaging Informatics Keeps Turning—Faster and Faster, These Days